Make me an av’
WeeWorld & befunky
What do you have?
Clip, dump, shop, crop
And make me a perfect mii
(with apologies to Fiddler on the Roof)
Well, after hours of painful labor, I produced this smiling, relaxed avatar.
The bad news: I am neither smiling nor relaxed.
The good news: I learned something. Honestly, I’ve never “screen dumped” before in my life.
The best news: More experienced bloggers share their wisdom about creating avatars:
- How Many Different Ways to Create an Avatar?
- Challenge Yourself to a Blog
- Creating and Uploading Your Comment Avatar
- So You Want an Avatar
- Could I Be an Avatar
Here are two avatar-making sites I found to be user-friendly for low-tech people like me:
What were the best things I learned from this Teacher Challenge activity?
- Be sensitive to the classroom teachers when introducing new technology. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and to just stop trying.
- Create a Gravatar (“A Globally Recognized Avatar”) so that your avatar shows up wherever you post on the Web.